Director of Underwriting and Pricing
Lead and oversee the final underwriting process of the company collaborating with a team of underwriters: approve secured and unsecured cash solutions based on conventional and unconventional data, financial analysis, and business performance.
- Review and analyse customer financial documentation to assess their credit default risk and determine which of the company’s funding options are best suited to meet their needs;
- Onboard merchants including negotiating and determining contract rates, terms, and conditions with merchants and customers;
- Propose integral solutions to clients, enabling them to obtain alternative lending products and financial solutions;
- Analyse and service secured and unsecured cash solutions by utilizing financial knowledge to minimize credit default risk and increase profitability for the business;
- Work closely with the C-level executives to perform timely review of market (domestic and international), competitors, pricing conditions, including credit risk analysis and creativity to analyse, approve or decline profitable and risky transactions, and request loan amount changes as required;
- Determine potential impact of new products, processes, and new legislation in the local market on clients’ short and long-term performance, profitability, and liquidity to determine impact on risk exposure;
- Utilize knowledge of credit analysis and leadership abilities to assess cash flow generation, assign risk ratings to merchants, including merchants with transnational assets and businesses, and approve secured and unsecured cash solutions consistent with the company’s risk profile, market, and customer requirements;
- Work with internal stakeholders to assess internal processes, solicit and provide feedback to meet overall business goals and ensure delivery of desired outcomes;
- Conduct meetings with internal stakeholders to collaborate on periodic business monitoring to optimize business development, increase profitability and consistently produce high quality and high value results;
- Analyse potential effects of US business trends and market fluctuations on clients and partnering merchants;
- Define and manage proper controls for financials including validation, credit risk analysis, and overall risk mitigation;
- Identify key risks and mitigating factors of potential investments, such as asset types and values, legal and ownership structures, professional reputations, customer bases, industry segments, and market conditions.
Masters in Global Management/Business Administration/Finance. Will accept Bachelor degree in Global Management/Business Administration/Finance plus six years of progressive experience in field or related field in lieu of Masters. Foreign education accepted.